Building Permit Process
To obtain a building permit:
1. Obtain a well/septic permit from the Health Department.
2. Bring a copy of your well/septic permit and your land plat to the Planning Department to apply for a Land Disturbance/Zoning Permit
3. Once the Land Distrubance/Zoning Permit is obtained, complete the Building Permit Application and submit two (2) sets of building plans with truss specifications to the Building Department.
4. The Building Official will then review the building plans for code compliance and stamp them approved if all is correct. Note: This review process takes time, so please do not expect to receive your permit the same day you apply.
5. Once the plans are reviewed and approved you will submit payment for the building permit. Payment will not be accepted until the plans are approved.
6. Once payment is received, your permit will be issued.
7. Separate permits are required for Electrical, Plumbing and Mechanical work.