County Boards & Commissions

Local government representatives include both elected and appointed officials. To apply for a Community Service position on a Board, Commission, or Committee, please complete and submit a Community Service Application.

CURRENT Vacancies

  • Reassessment Advisory Committee - Requires different application (see below)
  • Board of Zoning Appeals (BZA)
  • Economic Development Authority (EDA)
  • Local Board of Building Code Appeals (LBBCA)
  • Planning Commission
  • Recreation Commission (RC)
  • Social Services Advisory Board (SSAB) - One representative from each District needed
  • Wetlands Board

You are always welcome to submit an application - whether the Board/Commission/Committee in which you're interested currently has vacancies or not. All applications are kept on file for two (2) years. 

If you prefer a printable form rather than a fillable one, please click here.

King William County Reassessment Advisory Committee


The King William County Board of Supervisors passed Resolution 21-77R on October 25, 2021 establishing a Reassessment Advisory Committee to advise the Board regarding the 2023 General Reassessment of King William County. The committee shall assist with ensuring fair and equitable assessments working across multiple stakeholders to help the county achieve success with the next reassessment by providing provide support for the reassessment process, facilitating citizen engagement and communication management, and monitoring the quality of the overall project. The Advisory Committee shall consist of five citizens of the county of proven ability, one from each of the county’s five election districts, appointed by the Board of Supervisors.

Please note, there is a separate application for the Reassessment Advisory Committee.

To apply, download and complete this application.