If you are a new or prospective resident, we hope you’ll soon feel at home in King William County. The listings on this page will provide you with some of the information you will need to get established. If you have any questions, please call 804-769-4927.
Discover tourist attractions and things to do in King William County and the Town of West Point.
- West Point: Cox Communication 804-843-3112
- King William: Comcast 800-934-6489
- Frontier Communications 844-316-0915
Comcast is not available in all areas.
- Rappahannock Electric Cooperative (serving northern King William): 800-552-3904
- Virginia Power (serving central and southern King William): 888-667-3000
|Daily Press||Hampton Roads||Daily||800-543-8908|
|Tidewater Review||West Point; New Kent, King William, King and Queen Counties||Weekly||804-843-2282|
|Country Courier||King and Queen County and King William County (not including West Point)||Biweekly||804-769-0259|
Virginia Peninsulas Public Service Authority (VPPSA) operates the county’s recycling facilities. Recycling facilities are available at each of the county’s Convenience Centers and the Transfer Station.
Paper items that can be recycled include:
- Brown paper bags
- Corrugated cardboard boxes
- Junk mail
- Paper boxes such as cereal and shoe boxes
- School and office paper
- Telephone books
Other household containers that can be recycled include:
- Aluminum foil
- Empty and dry metal paint cans
- Empty metal aerosol cans
- Laundry detergent bottles
- Metal food and beverage cans
- Milk jugs
- Other plastic containers marked with Number 1 and Number 2 with the recycle logo on the bottom of the container
- Soda bottles
- Glass bottles and jars
King William County participates in a regional solid waste management plan operated by the Virginia Peninsulas Public Service Authority (VPPSA).
King William County operates a central water system that serves the Central Garage area, including King William High School, Central Crossing Shopping Center, the Shops at Central Crossing and McCauley Park, Central Crossing and Kennington subdivisions.
To establish new service, transfer or disconnect services, contact the County Administration at 804-769-4958, by email, or in person at:
180 Horse Landing Road
King William, VA 23086
Private Water Contractors
Additionally, several communities in King William are served by private water contractors:
- Black Creek, Oak Springs, Venter Heights and Woodruff - Aqua Virginia, Inc. - Phone: 877-987-2782
- Braxton Landing, Cedar Crest - Sydnor Hydro, Inc. - Phone: 804-643-2725
- Marle Hill and Marle Hill section 3 - Virginia American Water - Phone: 800-452-6863