Deeds & Plats

The Clerk of the Circuit Court’s land records division records real estate documents such as:

  • Assignments
  • Certificates of satisfaction
  • Deeds
  • Deeds of trust
  • Plats

The clerk’s office also dockets judgments and files UCC statements, which are liens on real estate.

Looking up Land Records

If you wish to access King William County land records or record a document, you may do so in person at the clerk’s office weekdays, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. 

Recording Land Records

View Virginia’s Judicial System Deed Book as it includes forms for commonly used documents you might have reason to record with the clerk’s office. These forms include:

  • Certificate and Affidavit of Satisfaction
  • Certificate of Partial Satisfaction
  • Certificate of Release of Mechanics Lien
  • Certificate of Release of Memorandum of Lis Pendens Attachment
  • Memorandum for Mechanic’s Lien Claimed by General Contractor Under Virginia Code 43-5

Please note that the clerk’s office cannot accept any forms in which grey boxes appear. To avoid the form printing with grey boxes, print the form using the "Print for Submission to Court" button, rather than the print feature on your Internet browser.

Recording Documents

For a document to be recorded, it must: